Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day Six: Roots

 
Sunday afternoon after church at Mayhill Baptist, we took a little drive.  We showed the kids the house where I grew up, and Shelley and I reminisced about pretending we were being chased by mountain lions and bears.  Only in my very earliest memories was Shelley not there--we met when I was just four years old.  After our drive, we took the kids to the elementary school playground.  Of course, all of the play equipment has been replaced since I played there as a kindergartner, but so much was still the same.  It brought out memories I forgot I had.  As we sat there and watched our kids play together, we remembered the stories we made up twenty years ago about where we would live when we grew up.  Of course, our plan was to live next door to each other so our kids could play together all the time.   That part of our wish didn't come true, but we'll enjoy every moment we can get!

No comments: