Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Climbing

Both of my boys have been climbers since before they could walk.  I remember Henry as a little toddler, tipping his head back to take in the full height of something tall, and asking if he could climb it.  Jude does the same thing.  When Jude saw the skyscrapers in Seattle this weekend, he immediately started talking about climbing them.  The mountains around Banff elicited the same ideas. 

So here he is.  It's not a mountain, but there's risk involved.  A tasty temptation is at the top.  "I climb dat, Mommy?"

 
He is capable.  There are strong hands below for the moment he forgets where he is, but he is steady even above my head.
 
He is strong.  He sees something good, and he is going for it.



Would it taste this good without the climb for it?  No way!

 I love his determination!  I love his exultation in the prize!  I hope for all of my kids that they continue to chase the good things in life with such passion.




No comments: