Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of School

We did it! We de-vilified the school room!  I did not conquer every square inch of every drawer, corner, and shelf, but it is now a place where learning and productivity may once again flourish. 


 This side is the playroom side, complete with snuggly reading corner, play kitchen corner,
 and bins of legos, cars, trains, and puzzles to get out one at a time.


 We are starting slowly, as we attempt to build back up to an organized schedule and routine.  This morning we did school for about 2 hours, which was a perfect amount of time for our first day.  Eva and Jude need to get used to some quiet, contained, free-time play on their side of the room, which happens after I spend some time first thing with Eva on phonics and numbers.  Eika and Henry usually love having a break in their own school work to go have recess with the littles on the trampoline or riding bikes.  I still have a lot of work to do as I continue to work towards an organized system that helps us get it all done!  But here is proof that I have made progress (if you doubt me at all, just refer to my previous post here).

No comments: